Been busy the past few weeks with different things,
sadly one of my dogs died which was awful miss him more than I thought I would:-( The house felt really empty so now we have a new addition to the family who is keeping us very busy:-)
I've also been busy building a studio space:-) I've been running out of space in the spare room for a long time now and I'm slowly sneaking into every space I possibly can which is not ideal, so we've built a log cabin! OMG, half a day it says it will take! Two weeks later it is finally water tight....yeah! Not all our fault,, thank goodness I had help from my otherhalf and sister on day one, instructions were the wrong ones, screws all the wrong size but we managed to sort it out with common sence, we built the floor and the walls just slotted together easy! until it came to the roof. Instructions said lift pre-assembled roof into position, what we had, was tongue and groove in a million pieces! but it was getting late and would have to wait till the next day.
As it was Monday I was on my own, so a quick call to the supplier and the instructions were emailed across quickly, so up the ladder I go with hammer, nails and roof felt. After a bit of problem solving I soon found a system but due to the late start I only got a quarter of the roof done but had to stop when it got dark, took a further day to get it completed. Had more problems not enough T&G, but luckly I had some spare so I cut that down and used that, also not enough roof felt supplied, so I had to fetch some flashing, although I was still having problems I was relived to get the roof on as we had bad winds and weather was on its way.
Work had to stop for a few days because of the gales and rain but once the weather changed it was back to work, with an action plan to get doors and windows fitted and the outside painted. Otherhalf was able to help so I would paint while Ade fitted the windows and doors, he unpaked them only to find out they had delivered the wrong ones :-( I couldn't believe it! so calmly I called the supplier and on-one was there till the Monday. One email and four days later the doors and windows were exchanged for another set, finally time to get it secure. I unpack, right size doors, windows a packet of fittings for each one Yeah finaly I get started, fit windows, hinges on door and fit one side, start on the other door, different size hinges they sent the wrong fittings!!!!! all I want to do is get it secure!!!! I'm now at a stage when I'm likely to blow a fuse and I'm getting so stressed that I just go and get another set and sort it myself.
I now have a lovely semi-secure cabin with just few finishing touches to be done to the exterior and that part will be complete. I would love to live in Cornwall, as that's not an option my studio will be my little beach hut haven in the middle of the Midlands (one can dream), I've painted it white with blue doors and windows. The next stage will be electrics, insulation and move in. The later will probably not be untill the New Year but I'm getting really excited about having my own little creative space.
I will post pictures soon.