Thursday 17 September 2009

Onwards and upwards!

This is a new beginning for me, I have recently taken the big jump and I've set up my own business.............Allison Franks designer/maker.

What do I do? well there's a number of things, I design/make jewellery, glass panels/dishes and mosaic tiles/signs.

All pieces are bespoke, one of a kind and unique.

I run workshops within my local community and school's and I am also an events coordinator.

The reason for me to start this blog?

I've been to a networking event for Women tonight (men are also welcome), but and its a BIG BUT! I have decided, while I can handle large events, support others with their business ideas and deal with a classroom full of children.....when it comes to promoting myself and the work I do, I turn into a blithering idiot who is almost apologetic about the work they do and its driving me up the crazy AAAAARRRRRRRGH.


I have watch other inspirational women tonight and sat there wishing, I was them. So Ive decided that I'm not the only one, I am not the first to feel this way and I wont be the last, I am going to do something about it and I'm going to start now............so here I go.....


Monday I have a stall to promote my work at The WISE Event @The Public, West Bromwich an excellent opportunity but I'm am dreading it, but I am going to do it and be proud and confidant of my work and do my best, so fingers crossed. The weekend is going to be busy preparing work here goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment