Friday 10 February 2012

2012 NEW COMMISSION

2012 is well under-way and were already into February. Work is slow, as it is for everyone, but I'm keeping my head above water and counting my blessings.

I've been working on a few commission pieces for school and have a few more in the pipe line thank goodness. This morning I delivered "Web Of Life" a project I've been working on the past few weeks.

 The Head had a picture of a spiders web with figures wrapped in it and wanted to incorporate the words 
"All things are connected..
We are a stand in the web of life...
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
Together we should find a common thread"


I haven't used any glass in this piece choosing to work with wire instead 
which I used a lot in my early college days.  

It has been nice to be using wire again, I have really enjoyed it 
and I'm pleased with the outcome.






2 comments:

  1. this reminds me of a piece of alison franks work that was given to me a few years ago. her concept and execution of work is visiually & emotionally stunning. It is a piece I never tire of, I love it and always will. beautiful piece xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, I absolutely love it! And the most fantastic about this text is when and by whom it was written (Chief Seattle, 1854)!
    a ferreira @ almofate

    ReplyDelete