Friday 23 March 2012

Been a while.

I’ve been really bad lately at updating my blog!! SORRY. Things have been a bit up and down over the winter and at one stage I didn’t know whether I was able to continue! With the way the economy is at the moment, what do you do? Most businesses are struggling and as a sole trader there’s no buffer, so at times, things have been a bit touch and go.

Anyway, NO MORE doom and gloom, things have picked up over the past month with commissions,  I’ve been working a lot at the wonderful Newtown Primary School, I love working in this school.  I walk in and all I hear is
 “Hello Allison!  What are you doing today? Can I join in Pleeeaaassssee?” 
They are lovely students, always wanting to take part and they make me laugh. I received a tweet the other day saying that I must have the coolest job and you know what? I DO!

I’m working on quite a few projects at the moment; one of them includes working with each student in the school on a Helping Tree. I’m photographing then all, editing them on the computer and linking them together, there are working really well and I’d love to pop some of them on the blog, but I need to check with the school first to get permission from parents. 
   
Something else I doing at the moment is I’m working on a mural project for one of the rooms which includes mosaic, fused glass tiles and some painting, you can get a  sneaky peak below and see what I’ve been up to so far. I will bring more updates as things progress.

Other things happening I’ve been featured as a “Success Story” on the Birmingham Arts, Crafts and Vintage blogsite  http://ht.ly/9OoFj  explaining why I started working for myself.
If you remember August last year, I was picked by Dragons Den, Theo Paphitis as a #SBS Winner, now Theo’s getting all the winners together on the 30thMarch to celebrate, so I’m off to meet Theo, it’s all very exciting.
 I was invited to register in the Great Exhibition 2012 promoting what’s GREAT about BRITAN so please vote for me, you just need to visit the site, log in and VOTE!  http://www.thegreatexhibition2012.co.uk/greats/allison-franks-designermaker

This year I’ll have been in business for THREE YEARS! I can’t believe it,
 I'm thinking of doing a giveaway to celebrate. 
Please keep popping back follow me on here, twitter or like my facebook page so you can keep up to date with what’s happening. I’m off for a few days break but will be back with commission and Theo news!! be back soon.
Alli x

Wall's which I'm decorating

3 panels this is Template 1
                                     

laying out mosaic tiles

mosaic rainbow

tiles in the sun

panel ready for cleaning



No comments:

Post a Comment